- First RFID reader specifically created for mobile mount applications
- Supports multiple air interfaces including ISO, Gen 2 and Class 1
- Rugged cast aluminum alloy housing, sealed to IP65
- Designed for serial attachment to Intermecs CV60 vehicle mount computer
- General purpose inputs/outputs
RFID has always delivered the twin conveniences of hands-free scanning with little or no human intervention. Now, Intermec has taken that to the next level by adding the convenience of mobility with the new IV7 Vehicle Mount RFID reader. The IV7 joins an award winning family of readers that include several handheld and fixed mount form factors.
As Intermecs first packaged forklift-mounted RFID reader system, the IV7 is designed for serial attachment to the Intermec® CV60 vehicle mount computer. Both are built to withstand the rigors of harsh, industrial environments and are sealed to IP65 ratings. The CV60, acting as the local host for the IV7, provides network management and security. The built-in DC-DC converter handles the noisy input power environment.
RFID standards are continuing to evolve, which requires manufacturers and retailers to have multi-protocol reading capability if they are implementing RFID in an open supply chain. When fully equipped, the IV7 can read multiple air interface protocols, even in mixed populations of tags, including EPC UHF Generation 2 (Gen 2), ISO 18000 6-b and EPC Class 1.
While portal mounted readers are capable of capturing pallet data and some carton data, the tagged items must be brought to the reader. Enterprises often need the flexibility to read RFID tags in certain and not-so-certain locations which may not be near the location of a fixed reader. The IV7 not only delivers the flexibility of read where you need, but also a cost advantage over portal reader systems wherever the number of dock doors is significantly larger than the number of fork trucks.
Commercial and government supply chains will find the IV7 ideal for pick and put away applications. The CV60 can command the IV7, equipped with a location tag-sensing antenna, to scan for RFID tags when a pallet is picked up. The IV7 captures not only the location of the pallet pick up, but also through what doorway it passed, the path the forklift traveled and where the pallet will be placed
The wireless capability of the CV60 combined with the snappy reads of the IV7 mean that warehouse management systems are automatically updated with location status as the truck moves through tag-equipped zones, as well as with shelf location data when the pallet is dropped off or retrieved.
The IV7s cast aluminum housing has built-in cable strain relief features, and with pre-drilled holes in the base plate, is designed for either U-bolt or flexible strap attachment to many makes of fork trucks. The IV7 can be mounted in any position on the vehicle within 3.5 m (10 ft.) of the vehicle battery or power source such as a terminal strip. The communication to the CV60 is via RS232 cable and connection.
IV7 Vehicle Mount RFID Reader
Download PDF »
Vehicle mount DC power cable kit
Antennas and antenna cables
Air Interface Protocols
EPCglobal UHF Gen 2, ISO 18000-6b, ISO 18000-6c, Philips Version 1.19, Fairchild G1
-25°C to 55°C (-13°F to 131°F)Storage Temperature:
-30°C to 75°C (-22°F to 167°F)Humidity:
10% to 90%(non-condensing)Environmental Protection:
IP65 compliantVibration and Shock Protection:
Withstands standard material handling vehicle environments.
Meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F.
865, 869 and 915 MHz
343 mm (13.5)Width:
236 mm (9.3)Height:
95 mm (3.75)Weight:
3.08 kg (6.8 lbs)
Supply:Vehicle DC power 12 to 60V, 4.5 A maximum
Application software for IV7 will reside on the host vehicle-mount computer, such as Intermecs CV60. Application program interface (API), Basic Reader Interface (BRI), demonstration and example applications software are included in the RFID Resource Kit, available through Intermecs Developers Library.
- CV30 Fixed Mount Computer
- With its compact, full-screen footprint, choice of Microsoft CE.NET 5.0 or Windows Mobile 5.0 operating systems, support for RFID, speech recognition and voice, Cisco Compatible WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity and extremely rugged design, the CV30 is ready for just about anything.
- CV60 Vehicle Mount Computer
- The fixed or vehicle mounted CV60 computer excels in the most adverse environments with full PC functionality, putting wireless supply chain management right where the data is.
- IT65 Large Rigid Tag
- Intermec's IT65 Large Rigid tag is a passive UHF radio frequency identification (RFID) transponder that delivers superior performance on a variety of surfaces and is available in both Gen 2 and ISO 18000-6B versions.
- IT65 Small Rigid Tag
- Intermec's IT65 Small Rigid Tag is a passive UHF RFID tag designed for superior performance on a variety of surfaces. The tag is available in EPC Global Class 1, Generation 2 (Gen 2) and ISO 18000-6b protocols.
- IA33D / IA33E Antenna Cell
- The extremely rugged, mostly metal Antenna Cell is specifically designed for RFID lift truck applications. Its compact design fits within the confines of the Adaptable Load Backrest.