Key Selling Points
- Available with the Intermec EA30 2D imager, providing the industry's fastest omni-directional scanning to speed up the customer checkout process
- Ergonomic styling, with a natural smooth grip and trigger location, maximizes user comfort and saves countertop space
- High-intensity, large LED indicator provides effective visual operational feedback
- Range of models fit for the job--pick from Bluetooth™ wireless or corded (tethered) models, and your choice of either 1D or high-performance EA30 2D imaging.
- Complete offering of matching accessories, including scan stands and holders
- Intermec EasySet software for Windows allows for quick, easy scanner customization
- Seamless integration with Intermec printers, mobile computers and software
Product PositioningA perfect combination of choice, affordability and performance optimized for countertop scanning applications.
Value PropositionFor IT and store operations directors who desire to improve store profitability and the customer experience, the SG20 is a family of affordable handheld imagers that minimize the time and effort to read a bar code at checkout. Unlike competitive offerings, the SG20 has industry leading motion tolerance, substantially improving first-time read rates to increase store efficiency.
The Intermec SG20 is an affordable, high-performance handheld scanner available in a range of models suited to the demands of general purpose countertop scanning.
- Features the industry's fastest 2D-imaging technology for highly responsive, dependable scanning
- Unique, ergonomic styling maximizes comfort and saves countertop space
- Large LED indicator provides effective visual operational feedback
- Bluetooth® wireless or tethered (cabled) connectivity
- Choice of imaging options matched to your scanning needs: 1D or high-performance 2D scan engines
- Wide range of multi-purpose accessories increase scanner flexibility
- Integrates seamlessly with point-of-sale systems, personal computers, and common software solutions
Reliable, Responsive Scanning
The checkout process is all about speed and efficiency. The SG20HP features the industrys fastest bar code reading technology, providing more than 50 times the motion tolerance of typical scanners. This ensures that all common 1D and 2D bar codes are scanned easily and consistently so you can serve your customers more quickly.
Perfectly Matched to Your Needs
Select between Bluetooth wireless for up to 10 meters of range (32.8 feet), or the simplicity of tethered (cabled) connectivity. Choose the scan engine matched to your needs: either 1D-only or high-performance 1D/2D scanning. Now you can standardize on a single scanner family across your operation, while providing employees with just the right capabilities they need for their specific tasks.
A variety of matching accessories, such as scan stands and holders, enable hands-free scanning and free up counter or desktop space. Regardless of the configuration, the entire SG20 line is priced for affordability and value.
Setting a New Design Standard
The stylish design of the SG20 sets it apart from traditional gun-shaped handheld scanners. Careful attention to detail and extensive usability testing have resulted in a scanner that is not only aesthetically pleasing on any countertop, but also optimized for user comfort, with a natural smooth grip and trigger location.
The arching profile of the SG20 is perfect for tight spaces and the over-sized multi-color LED provides a bright, visual cue to confirm a successful scan, which can be helpful in noisy environments. In fact, the LED can be programmed to match the decor of your storefront.
Part of a Complete Intermec Solution
The SG20 can be quickly and easily configured with Intermec's exclusive EasySet™ PC programming tool. In just a few clicks, this Windows-based utility can print programming bar codes for custom configurations. Adjust security settings, symbologies, beeper tone and volume, LED color even set up advanced data-editing routines.
Comprehensive Support Services Available
Intermec bar code scanners operate in dynamic business environments, and a support plan can protect you from unforeseen contingencies. Intermec Medallion® Service programs deliver the highest levels of productivity, device reliability, and uptime. Choose the right amount of coverage appropriate for your operations. For more, visit www.Intermec.com/Services.
SG20 General Duty Imager
Download PDF »
Consult the SG20 Accessory Guide for details.
Adjustable hands free desktop scan stand
Desktop/wall mount holder
Charge base (for cordless versions)
Bluetooth® charge base (for cordless versions)
USB, RS232, keyboard wedge interface cables
EasySet™ configuration software
Ambient Light: 0 to 100,000 lux
Drop Survival: 1.2 m (4 ft.) to concrete
Environmental Protection: IP30
Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
Length: 20 cm (7.9 in)
Width: 6.1 cm (2.4 in)
Height: 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
SG20T: 125 g (4.41 oz)
Sg20B: 175 g (6.17 oz)
Battery Life: Minimum 8K scans from 70% capacity
Battery Type: Lithium-ion rechargeable (1567 mAh)
Recharging Time: 3 hrs when connected to external power supply; 6 hrs when slow charged from typical USB port
Min X Dimension:
SG20xHP 1D: 4 mils (0.1 mm)
SG20xHP 2D: 6.6 mils (0.17 mm)
SG20x1D: 6 mils (0.15 mm)
* The reading distances given are typical reading distances measured in an office environment (200 lux)
Supported Bar Code Symbologies
1D Model (SG20x1D):
Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93/93i, Code 128 / GS1-128, EAN/UPC, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 Composite (linear only), GS1 DataBar Expanded, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, Interleaved 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, MSI, Plessey, Standard 2 of 5, Telepen
2D Models (SG20xHP):
All above symbologies supported by 1D model plus the following: Australian Post, Aztec, BPO, Canada Post, Codablock A, Codablock F, DataMatrix, Dutch Post, EAN/UPC, GS1 Composite, GS1 DataBar Stacked, Infomail, Intelligent Mail, Japan Post, Maxicode, Micro PDF417, Multicode, PDF417, Planet, Postnet, QR Code, Sweden Post, TLC 39
USB: HID keyboard, HID POS*, IBM SurePOS*, virtual comm port
PC keyboard wedge
* Tethered (corded) versions