Key Selling Points
- Perfect for the healthcare environment, with a white housing made of disinfectant-ready materials
- Integrated Intermec EA30 2D imager provides the industry's fastest omni-directional scanning to speed up the customer checkout process
- Ergonomic styling, with a natural smooth grip and trigger location, maximizes user comfort and saves countertop space
- High-intensity, large LED indicator provides effective visual operational feedback
- Range of models fit for the job--pick from Bluetooth™ wireless or corded (tethered) models, and your choice of either 1D or high-performance EA30 2D imaging.
- When an audible beep is not desired--for example, post-op or patient bedside--the scanner can be muted with just the LED indicator providing operator feedback
- Complete offering of accessories, including scan stands and holders
- Intermec EasySet software allows for quick, easy scanner customization
- Seamless integration with Intermec printers, mobile computers and software
Product PositioningA perfect combination of choice, affordability and performance optimized for healthcare applications.
Value PropositionFor IT and hospital operations director looking to improve hospital efficiency while maintaining a high standard of care, the SG20 healthcare scanner minimizes the time and effort to read bar codes at the patient's bedside, pharmacy or lab--ensuring that important verification processes don't impact productivity.
- Product Release: Coming Q1 2012
Primary Applications: Hospital operations such as admitting desk, nurses' station, patient's bedside, post-op, laboratory, or pharmacy
The Intermec SG20 is an affordable, high performance family of handheld scanners available in tethered or cordless models. Designed to the needs of healthcare, the SG20 helps to ensure that patient safety standards are consistently met.
- Features the industry's fastest 2D imager for highly responsive omnidirectional scanning
- Unique, ergonomic styling maximizes comfort and saves countertop space
- White scanner housing made of disinfectant-ready material
- Large LED provides effective visual operational feedback
- Wide range of affordable, multi-purpose accessories increase scanner flexibility
- Integrates seamlessly with healthcare information management systems, point of sale systems, PCs, and common software solutions
High Performance Scanning Fit for Healthcare Applications
Innovations in hospital information management systems and compliance with government regulations have improved patient tracking, safety, and records keeping. Scanners are a vital input device into these systems but are often slow, unreliable and not well-suited to the rigors of hospital environments. The SG20 is built to thrive in the hospital, with the industry's fastest omnidirectional 2D bar code reading technology and more than 50 times the motion tolerance of typical scanners. This ensures all common 1D and 2D bar codes are scanned easily and consistently, at any orientation, without time-consuming item repositioning or disturbance to resting patients.
A variety of communication options make the transition to automatic bar code data capture fast and easy. Connecting to your existing infrastructure is easy with support for USB, RS232, and keyboard wedge cable interfaces as well as optional Bluetooth® wireless connectivity.
Perfectly Matched to Your Needs
When used in a healthcare setting, data collection devices are often used at the point of care where infection control is crucial. The disinfectant-ready housing of the SG20, when combined with a protocol of frequent disinfecting, can minimize the spread of infectious diseases while providing years of reliable service under these conditions.
Intermec understands that a "one-size-fits-all" approach to healthcare scanning can limit user efficiency and accuracy, so the SG20 family includes the option of either a Bluetooth wireless or tethered (cabled) scanner. This makes it possible to standardize on a single scanner family across your healthcare operation while providing just the right model for your exact needs.
A variety of matching accessories, such as scanner stands, enable hands-free scanning and free up much needed counter or COW space. Regardless of the configuration, the entire SG20 line is priced for affordability and value.
Part of a Complete Intermec Solution
The SG20 can be quickly and easily configured with Intermec's exclusive EasySet™ PC programming tool. In just a few clicks, this Windows-based utility can print programming bar codes for custom configurations. Adjust security settings, symbologies, beeper tone and volume, LED color even set up advanced data-editing routines.
Comprehensive Support Services Available
Intermec bar code scanners operate in dynamic business environments, and a support plan can protect you from unforeseen contingencies. Intermec Medallion® Service programs deliver the highest levels of productivity, device reliability, and uptime. Choose the right amount of coverage appropriate for your operations. For more, visit www.Intermec.com/Services.
SG20 Healthcare 2D Imager
Download PDF »
Consult the SG20 Accessory Guide for accessory details.
Adjustable hands-free desktop scan stand
Charge base (for cordless versions)
Bluetooth® charge base (for cordless versions)
USB, RS232, keyboard wedge interface cables
EasySet™ configuration software
Ambient Light: 0 to 100,000 lux
Drop Survival: 1.2 m (4 ft.) to concrete
Environmental Protection: IP30
Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
Length: 20 cm (7.9 in)
Width: 6.1 cm (2.4 in)
Height: 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
SG20T: 125 g (4.41 oz)
SG20B: 175 g (6.17 oz)
Battery Life: Minimum 8K scans from 70% capacity
Battery Type: Lithium-ion rechargeable (1567 mAh)
Recharging Time: 3 hrs when connected to external power supply; 6 hrs when slow charged from typical USB port
Min X Dimension:
SG20xHP 1D: 4 mils (0.1 mm)
SG20xHP 2D: 6.6 mils (0.17 mm)
SG20x1D: 6 mils (0.15 mm)
* The reading distances given are typical reading distances measured in an office environment (200 lux)
Supported Bar Code Symbologies
Australian Post, Aztec, BPO, Canada Post, Infomail, Codabar, Codablock A, Codablock A, Codablock F, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93/93i, Code 128 / GS1-128, DataMatrix, Dutch Post, EAN/UPC, GS1 Composite, GS1 DataBar Expanded, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Stacked, Intelligent Mail, Interleaved 2 of 5, Japan Post, Matrix 2 of 5, Maxicode, Micro PDF417, MSI, Multicode, PDF417, Planet, Plessey, Postnet, QR Code, Standard 2 of 5, Sweden Post, Telepen, TLC 39
USB: HID keyboard, HID POS*, IBM SurePOS*, virtual comm port
PC keyboard wedge
* Tethered (corded) versions